Acoustic Pipe Lagging – Fire Retardant Noise Barrier with Glass Wool Backing
Soundlag® NL-GW is a high performance composite acoustic lagging product designed to reduce the noise break-out from pipes, valves, fan housings and ductwork in commercial, industrial and domestic buildings.
This product for treating noisy pipes consists of a reinforced aluminium foil faced, mass loaded, flexible vinyl noise barrier laminated to a glass-wool decoupling layer.
Soundlag® NL-GW has a unique construction:
- Combines the superior transmission loss of the noise barrier (Wavebar Nonlite) and high absorption properties of the decoupling glass-wool layer (Soberglass).
- The decoupling layer breaks the vibration path between the substrate and the mass barrier, allowing the vinyl external wrap to remain flexible optimizing its performance.
- The tough external aluminium foil facing offers good mechanical protection from dirt, oil, and dust and offers a fire resistant covering.
- Easily cut to size with a knife or scissors and easily installed, therefore cost-effective.
- Reduces the noise in hydraulic and waste pipes by up to 20.5 dB(A).
- Highly fire retardant with enhanced self-extinguishing characteristics and low smoke and toxicity properties.
- Heat and light reflecting facing
- Easy to bond to other surfaces using Tape ALR adhesive or equivalent.
Why use Soundlag®?
Soundlag® has been tested to outperform traditional high density acoustic preformed fibre pipe section/insulation, cast iron pipes, high density polypropylene acoustic pipes and labour intensive plasterboard enclosure/box designs.
|PRODUCT CODE||THICKNESS||DIMENSIONS||ROLL WEIGHT||BARRIER WEIGHT|
|Soundlag 4525GW||25 mm||1350mm x 5000mm||36kg||4.5 Kg/m²|