Acoustic Pipe Lagging
Soundlag® Original is a high performance composite acoustic lagging product designed to reduce the noise break-out from pipes, valves, fan housings and ductwork in commercial, industrial and domestic buildings.
This product for treating noisy pipes consists of a reinforced aluminium foil faced, mass loaded flexible vinyl noise barrier bonded to a decoupling layer.
Soundlag® Original acts as both a sound barrier and a noise absorber.
- The highly dense and flexible mass layer provides excellent sound reduction properties.
- The decoupling layer breaks the vibration path between the substrate and the mass barrier, allowing the vinyl external wrap to remain flexible optimizing its performance.
- The external foil facing offers a fire resistant covering and an excellent surface to join adjacent sheets.
- Easily cut to size with a knife or scissors and easily installed, therefore cost-effective.
- Reduces the noise in hydraulic and waste pipes by up to 25 dB(A).
- Excellent flame resistance and low spread of flame surface.
- Available in a range of weights and thicknesses.
- Available in a variety of decoupling layer options including foam, polyester, fibre or glass wool.
- Easy to bond to other surfaces using Tape ALR adhesive or equivalent.
Why use Soundlag®?
Soundlag® has been tested to outperform traditional high density acoustic preformed fibre pipe section/insulation, cast iron pipes, high density polypropylene acoustic pipes and labour intensive plasterboard enclosure/box designs.
|PRODUCT CODE||THICKNESS||DIMENSIONS||ROLL WEIGHT||BARRIER WEIGHT|
|Soundlag 4525C||25 mm||1350mm x 5000mm|
675mm x 5000mm
|Soundlag 4512||12 mm||1350mm x 5000mm||30kg||4.5 Kg/m²|
|Soundlag 4525GW||25 mm||1350mm x 5000mm||36kg||4.5 Kg/m²|