Soundproof Windows are a vital step in the construction of new buildings. The last thing you want in new construction is compaints that noise is easily transfering into and out of the space. Through the use of Soundproof Windows noise reduction and soundproofing can be achieved, eliminating 75 – 95% of the noise transference and with beautiful low profile aesthetics.
Sound Control Windows may not be needed for all the windows in the space. Typically, the acoustic consultant will define which windows should be soundproof in order to achieve noise reduction without having to treat all the windows. Often, only those facing the noise source, for example a busy highway, are treated.
Benefits of Soundproof Windows
Soundproof Windows transform your noisy environment into a quiet one by acting as a noise barrier. In addition to noise reduction, these acoustic windows also offer a number of other benefits to the space.
- Noise Reduction
- The use of Soundproof Windows reduces noise levels by 75% to 95% depending on the type of primary window, the thickness of the soundproof window, and the airspace in between the two.
- Energy Savings
- Noise Control Windows possess high insulation properties with an enhanced seal preventing drafts from entering the room. This leads to a reduction in energy costs from heating and cooling.
- Furthermore, Soundproof windows block 99% of UV radiation protecting your furniture and fabrics inside the space from UV degradation and sun discoloration.
- Enhanced Security
- Soundproof Windows are made with marine grade laminated glass which increases security significantly. Standard windows have tempered glass which can be easily broken by an intruder. Breaking through laminated glass requires time, effort and noise, and does not shatter when broken.
- Aesthetically Pleasing
- Noise Control windows have an aestehtically pleasing low profile making them unobstrusive. They come in 4 standard colours: white, dark bronze, black, and aluminum, and they are also available in custom colours. These soundproof windows can also be frosted or tinted for additional privacy.
- Financial Savings
- With the use of Soundproof Windows, new construction can opt for a more economical exterior primary window as the soundproof window posseses excellent insulation and seal properties. The primary window’s purpose is to absorb the impact of harsh weather conditions and protect the soundproof window.
How it works
SoundProof Windows are used in conjunction with a primary standard window. The soundproof window is placed behind the primary window, it opens and closes just like the primary one, and it offers a number of additonal benefits over a double (dual) pane window.
Soundproof Windows use marine grade laminated glass. The inner PVB layer of plastic attenuates vibrations while the airspace between the two windows allows the frame to be isolated from vibration. The seals in the frame are spring loaded which puts a constant squeeze on the glass panels. This constant squeeze prevents sound leakage and helps stop the noise from vibrating through the glass.
Takes only hours to install, simple and fast, causing little or no mess.
During the design process it is advantageous to design the placement and airspace of the soundproof window, and whether it will be flush mounted, surface mounted or surfaced mounted with a sill. The importance of this rises when installing window coverings as additional space on the sill may be required depending on the desired treatments.